Cisco Catalyst 9000 (C9K).
- Same binary image across all C9K; Open IOS-XE 16.5. Note. the term Open IOS-XE is for the new released IOS-XE starting on version 16.
- Using database approach to store configuration.
- SMU (Software Maintenance Update). To get rid of bug, there is patch which can be installed without upgrading the IOS-XE and subsequently no outage.
- Support Data Models (Netconf/Yang); Google OpenConfig.
- Programmable ASIC via FlexParser.
- Micro Engines to off-load CPU processing requirement.
- Three models:
- Cisco Catalyst 9300. Fixed Access.
- Cisco Catalyst 9400. Modular Access.
- Cisco Catalyst 9500. Fixed Core.